Followers

Friday, February 20, 2015

My First Michaels Haul

Shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist
Unknown - found on Pinterest



It came! My first Michaels purchase...I'm so excited!
But, I do have an issue with the delivery....the UPS guy didn't even ring the doorbell - he left the box on the back fender of my hubby's truck! I was like, WHAT??? And, you know what's so retarded about that? The doorbell was only two steps away from the truck! Apparently, the effort was just too much for him to handle...
Anyway, here it is...




There really wasn't much - a kraft mat from Ranger and some Heidi Swapp stuff - 2 Project Life Core Kits, 2 Project Life add on kits, 2 stamps and 2 flip albums. The stamps are for my planner and my Project Life album that I'm starting and the flip albums...I haven't decided yet. I may use it in my PL or incorporate it into my golden beauty...still trying to work it out.
There are a couple of more purchases that I need to make online - Wild Orchid Crafts is definitely one of them. I'm trying to abstain from any more planners, but, I still have the Webster Pages Color Crush in my head and I think Kikki K still has a sale going on....
So, I had my first class on Tuesday - and, I like it. There are actually 9-10 different subjects that will be taught over a year long period and super reading intensive. Its a small class - only 8 of us and, besides myself, there is only one other person in there due to Vocational Rehabiliation (when involved in a workplace accident and you are unable to return to the same job, you are assigned to a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and they help with either finding you a new position or work with the insurance company to get you into school). She is a cancer survivor - she lost her left arm because of the cancer and she's inspiring. She said that she may only have one arm, but, she wasn't going to stop living and pursuing a career. I am in awe of her.
My men took great pride in teasing me about homework when I got home from class - I loved it! My Stooges are so supportive of me, it humbles me. Hubby is a little worried, especially since I told him that the classroom is in a far corner of the campus and the lighting in the parking lot is almost non existent. I have a feeling I may be losing my driving privileges soon...
Well, thats it for now...thanks for stopping by and if your day is a little stressful, go and enjoy in some retail therapy...it really does soothe the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment