Followers

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Seizing the Moment

Seize the moment...remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart..

Erma Bombeck

Woo hoo - two posts in one day! And, then, you won't see me for another five weeks...just kidding.
I had started this post yesterday, but, got waylaid by the National Championship game - we still love you, Ducks! - rolling blackouts, funky internet and dinner. So, here we are, a day late..
I am a planner dork...not as intense as some people, but,a dork, nonetheless.
There they are...the top one is a Pocket Malden and thats my wallet - it works really well since I can jot down my appointments and what nots right then and there. The next is a Pocket Sketch and thats actually my shopping folder - all of my reward cards and rain checks and stuff go in there. I am still trying to set up the Raspberry Saffiano as its the only one with a current calendar in it and the grey book is something I got from TJ Maxx for journaling and stuff. I found a tutorial on YouTube on how to make your own Faux Dori and that would my version of it under the grey journal and the last one is actually a planner that I got from Walmart during the back to school sales and that's my home planner. Like I said, I'm a dork.
As for seizing the moment...well, I wanted a bigger one, more like an A5 size planner that I could use for home stuff because the Wal Mart one ends in June. So, I found this little beauty and I couldn't resist
Yes, a Kikki K! There are two that are similar in size going for the same price (on sale now for $39.98) but I was on the fence about which one to get. So, I referred to the wonderful world of YouTube to take a look-see on the difference and I found the best review ever at ThePaperAddiction.
They actually purchased both - the Time Planner and the Personal Planner. They did a run through on the pros and cons, similarities and so forth. After watching that, I made my choice and got the Personal Planner. The one thing I didn't like was that it didn't have the week on two pages, but, I can find one - I hope. And, the monthly calendar is a Perpetual Calender - not dated - so, I can start it whenever and date it myself. I may just make copies of the calendar and keep those on hand for refills.
There is another one that I am seriously lusting after
Yes...the Websters Pages Crash Planner in Light Teal!
They are completely sold out until March - bummers. That's okay, it'll give me time to convince my two men (Hubby and oldest Stooge who has a job) that I cannot do without one. One of them will cave...
The reviews on YouTube are pretty good so far since the release of them and it is loaded with a lot of ideal inserts for the crafter/mom/cook/shopper. The fact that the strap closure is actually a little longer than most planners so that it accommodates for whatever dorks like me put in it is a nicely added touch. I am looking at this one for my personal use: daily journaling, school stuff, craft stuff, etc.
I am curious about Erin Condren Planners, but, $50.00 is a little bit of a stretch for me, considering that its not refillable. I am the type of person that needs to be able to make her dollar stretch as long as possible, so, refillable is a priority for me.
I found some great printables and downloads on Pinterest (of course!) for planners and will be working on that today...the Over Organized Compulsive person that I am is sweating buckets because I am seriously behind in my organization. 
Well, I'm off to start my day...have a great Tuesday, everyone and don't forget to seize the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment