Followers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So Long, 2014!

The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow
       - Unknown


Wow...it's been a helluva long time since I posted here...how was your holiday season? Looking forward to 2015? I can honestly say that I am...I am completely over , under and done with 2014.
It's not that it was a bad year...but, it wasn't all sunshine and giggles, that's for sure.

So...where does one start??

Well..let's start with August 2013 and roll from there...
I was involved in an accident in August 2013 and it was...life altering and an attitude changer, that's for sure. I won't go into details about what happened, but, needless to say, I am not the same person I was when I woke up on August 15, 2013. The last 16 months, 16 days and two hours have been filled with numerous doctors/physical therapy/psychologist/vocational counselor appointments and during that time, I have also had neck surgery and suffered a couple (okay, possibly more than a couple) of breakdowns - also known as going through the Stages of Grief. Since Acceptance (the last stage of grief) hasn't shown itself yet, 2015 may or may not be a slight repeat of 2014...geez, I hope not.

So, when one such as myself is faced with some time on her hands, I tend to do a multitude of things:

1. Spend it watching Criminal Minds re-runs
2. Spend it doing on line window shopping (I will purchase everything on my many Wish Lists eventually)
3. Pin on Pinterest....constantly
4. Read...alot! (Since discovering Wattpad, I now have an incredible urge to write a romance novel that involves a heroine in need of an extreme makeover that is secretly in love with her billionaire boss)
5. Craft - per my shrink, I was told to continue to craft as my part of my therapy...my art journal has some pretty dark entries in it

I did other stuff, too, for sure...like, drive my men nuts with my breakdowns and outbursts and fits of creativity that made me tend to stay away from them for hours. But, much to my husbands frustration, none of my "episodes" included cleaning fits or baking rampages or cooking sprees like I was The Pioneer Woman (she rocks, by the way). It is what it is...

My downside to 2014 (yes, there's more besides the other stuff already mentioned) is that I found out that after I had the metal plate attached after losing a disc in my neck, I was not going to be the same person physically that I was before - no more boxing, kick boxing, cross fit training - anything that involves me using force and/or lifting more than 15 pounds. I can't lift my head up to look above me and trying to tuck my chin to my chest will make me nauseous. Oh, and, I have a phobia of crowds. Oh well, it is what it is...

But, there is a good side to it...I have found out that I suffer from Overly Organized Compulsive Disorder - OOCD. Yes, I made that up. Because of my disorder, I am the owner of at least 5 organizer/planners all for the upcoming year, have hung all of my clothes on hangars that are either black or silver and woke up this morning and organized my underwear drawer. I have post its all over the house of upcoming appointments (even though its already listed in 3 of my planners and my Iphone and my iPad...and, yes, my men also have a list of everything because I'm organized like that).

So, as I was contemplating some serious life choices over the last few days, I realized that while holding on to the ugliness of whats been in my life for the last 16 months, 16 days and 2 hours, 42 minutes made me comfortable (because its what I was used to), it sure as hell isn't healthy. But, it's a block to build on so that one can move forward. Hence, the quote at the top of the page.

I will be changing the look of this blog and for all 2 or 3 of you that read it, I hope you will continue to stop and take a look at whats here. I have some ideas of what I want to do here and I hope you like it. I have another blog where I do Stampin' Up! stuff only on that (inkonmystamps.blogspot.com), but, for this blog, I want to be more relaxed and just let it all out. Maybe I'll post a few excerpts from my romance on here...just kidding.

On that note...may you all enjoy a safe holiday and may your 2015 be filled with luck, love and happiness.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment